Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pay Forward

I attended a student organization meeting and was given the remaining pizza. I walked into the lounge area of the Student Center with the boxes. I recognized a student from my psychology class so I headed in his direction. I asked him where he had been (missed the last class). As he was giving me his excuse one of his buddies asked if I would give him some pizza. I handed over one box to the anxious young man. After I finished my conversation with my student, I handed over the second box of pizza to the group of students. They said, "Thanks." My reply was, "All I ask is if you have an opportunity to do something nice for another person to do it." They agreed they would. I left that conversation in good spirits because I did something nice when there was nothing in it for me and I was able to teach a life lesson about giving.

1 comment:

  1. Here here! I can think of several people that could benefit from learning just THAT! :) Good story!

    ReplyDelete